Bell Canada’s Business Market Group (BBM) is headquartered in Montreal, with offices in Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec City, Edmonton and Calgary. BBM is in charge of delivering scaleable, integrated, end-to-end solutions to the largest organizations in Canada including government, healthcare, financial, manufacturing, utilities, transportation, and retail industries.
The BBM Staffing Office is in charge of sourcing of talent attraction for contractual resources for the delivery of BBM solutions.
Position Title: Project Manager level 1
Clearance: Enhanced or higher
Duration: ASAP until the end of March 2013 with possibility of being extended for a year
Location: Ottawa Downtown
- Project Manager Activities
This project manager will be assist in the coordination of multi-disciplinary teams and developing concise project plans and timelines. Activities required of this PM will include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and manage the technical activities of the project team; and/or perform project management functions as per Project Management Institute (PMI).
- Review Stakeholder plans and any associated documents, with the Project Authority (PA);
- Providing assistance to the PA in various activities supporting the communications strategies of projects.
- Review and administer appropriate Project Change Control Procedure with the PA;
- Prepare and maintain the project plans which list the activities, tasks, assignments, milestones and estimates
- Measure, track and evaluate progress against the project plan;
- Documenting risk and issues.
- Assist the PA in developing strategies to ensure projects conform to preapproved timelines and project plans.
- Conduct regularly scheduled meetings with the EC project team to review project status; and
- Prepare Status Reports, and develop adhoc project briefing material
- Monitor project expenditures and document lessons learned.
- Essential Resource Experience requirement
- a minimum of seven (7) years of experience interfacing with various business and technical resources for purposes of developing project charters and technical work breakdown structures.
- Have a valid Project Management Professional(PMP) designation from the Project Management Institute(PMI) and have maintained this designation for a minimum of 5 years.
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in managing Applications Development and Infrastructure renewal projects within the Canadian Federal Government
- Experience in managing a multi-disciplinary project teams composed of Information Technology(IT) infrastructure management and application management personnel.
- Experience in preparing and presenting briefings to Executive management personnel.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office professional 2010, Microsoft Vision 2003, and Microsoft Project 2003.
2.Scope of Work
This project management resource will :
- Support the project Authority in the management of IT security, IT Architecture and Engineering project.
- Will liaise with Stakeholders within the COI sector.
- Will report directly to the Project Authority.
Senior Resource Manager
Bell Business Markets/Professional Services (CRMO)