Bell Canada’s Business Market Group (BBM) is headquartered in Montreal, with offices in Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec City, Edmonton and Calgary. BBM is in charge of delivering scaleable, integrated, end-to-end solutions to the largest organizations in Canada including government, healthcare, financial, manufacturing, utilities, transportation, and retail industries.
The BBM Staffing Office is in charge of sourcing of talent attraction for contractual resources for the delivery of BBM solutions.
Position: Technical Writer
Duration: From January 7 - Feb 28
review the available documentation as it relates to the technical infrastructure at the customer. This documentation will include:
o Network topology documentation
3. Zoned architecture (internal network, WAN architecture, wireless, border network topology)
o Virtual Environment topology and infrastructure documentation
o Storage Environment topology and documentation
o Backup Architecture topology and architecture
o System Architectures and run books
1. Network operating system core services (DNS, DHCP, Active Directory)
2. Critical systems
3. Application framework and development frameworks (.Net, Ingres ABF applications)
• The consultant will develop standards based on the existing documentation as well as best practices.
• The development of any new template documents required as part of this new standard.
• The consultant will work with the infrastructure team to develop an inventory of services as it relates to this documentation and the systems currently being operated at the customer.
• The consultant will work with the customer management team to determine the priority, order and systems required to have improved documentation based on this developed inventory.
• Work with the subject matter experts to determine the accuracy and completeness of the existing documentation
• The consultant will identify and documents any gaps in the documentation available for these
* The consultant will review the RFP requirements and develop an estimate of the work effort needed to complete the above tasks
Senior Resource Manager
Bell Business Markets/Professional Services (CRMO)